EDXDMP - Disk Record Dump Program
The EDXDMP program prints a formatted list in hex or character mode of disk,
diskette, and tape records. A 'find' capability allows the operator to
locate records to print based upon a numeric data value or a text string.
The listing can be directed to the terminal or printer. This utility program
assists programmers in developing and maintaining applications written for
the IBM Series/1 computer.
The EDXDMP program is written in the Event Driven Language (EDL) and runs under
the EDX operating system associated with the IBM Series/1 computer.
The EDXDMP program supports the following operator commands:
For commands PT, FC and FD, the operator is prompted for the beginning record
number and number of records to print or display on the terminal.
- MC - Mode is character (text)
- MH - Mode is character and hex
- DP - Direct listing to printer
- DT - Direct listing to terminal
- DF - Define Input File (device type, record size and block size)
- PT - Print file records
- FC - Find character string and print (string up to 14 characters)
- FD - Find data and print (data value and type of byte, word or double word)
- PE - Print edit file without line numbers
- EN - End EDXDMP program.
The EDXDMP utility program costs only $95 (US) plus shipping and handling ($25) and
includes the EDL source code on 8" diskette.
For information on this program or EDX support and programming services,
e-mail Bill Legler
or go to the EDX Utility Programs Overview page.
Version 3.1 - Copyright 2001 by Legler Systems Company. All rights reserved.